Logger MVs

From: Stephen Flynn (FLYNN1955@webtv.net)
Date: Sat Oct 28 2000 - 08:10:22 PDT

Richard Notton mentioned post war MVs in civilian use , in logging.Along
the Shropshire canal back in the 70's was my first find as a
young'n.Peeked my interest since,found off in that dead spot of brush 3
MVs.Yes the Matador with logging boom,but a DC9,WW2 vintage.Next to that
was a Diamond T tank transporter. The rear axle had been removed and
logging boom added,also the engine was diesel,with modified
radiator.Swiped brass data plate ,long lost! Since then when driving
around ,don't walk as much here , never miss a chance to look over a
hedge.Lots of Sherman tank hulls for logging,Yarders.Many other prime
movers also,hulls still today are being revamped with new gear,built to
last ! These sights make cross state driving an adventure !It would be
great for a book,POST WAR LOGGING RIGS.Yes lots of GMCs, Dodges too...

Steve
WC51