Re: [MV] Fw: BOY SCOUTS NEED YOUR HELP!

From: John Doherty (mofta@farmerstel.com)
Date: Sat Oct 28 2000 - 13:18:46 PDT

Antoine

I'd be willing to bet, that on this side of the big pond, an awful lot of
the us old MV farts were Boy Scouts. I personally enjoyed the experience,
and think quite a lot of it. It was good educational training.

I don't believe that any particular political group has a stranglehold on
them, or on this list, for that matter. But, I do believe that the Scouting
movement has a lot of potential for the improving of boys and young mens
lives. And may help fill the ranks of the future HMV collectors

Furthermore, the fact that one particular group, of any kind, is being
'flamed', or 'picked on', or threatened financially, for standing up for
their beliefs, especially after fighting that battle all the way to the
Supreme Court and winning, 'JUST AIN'T RIGHT'! If we let it happen to one,
it will happen to others.

Isn't it something along those lines, of standing up for others, that led to
the availability of so much of this Historic Military Vehicle stuff anyway?

My 10 cents worth.

John Doherty
Scouting supporter