Re: [MV] Vehicle Model Identification Help

From: Pete & Renee Davis (pandr@cybertours.com)
Date: Sun Oct 29 2000 - 18:19:55 PST

Hello Todd,

After looking through U.S. Military Wheeled Vehicles by Fred Crismon, these
are my guesses:

1. FWD Model B. The louvers on the sides of the engine compartment under
the driver's seat and the four vertical vent holes on the side of the
radiator cowl seem to be the keys. Crismon says that the Model B was also
made by Mitchell, Kissel and Premier. The Four Wheel Drive Auto Company was
the original manufacturer, from 1912 to at least 1919.

2. A White Motor Company Staff observation Car. A nine passenger vehicle
built on a one ton Model TEBO truck chassis. The radiator shape and the Rods
from the windshield to the fender or chassis seem to match fairly well. The
Motorcycle looks like a Harley-Davidson M1 with sidecar. The front fork
springs match just fine, and the sidecar is a dead ringer, but the front
fender isn't exactly the same as the one in the book.

3. Mack AC Bulldog. Crismon has a photo with a different dump bed but it
looks like the same cable operated tipping system. His shot is from the back
of the truck and shows the pulleys more clearly.

Hope this helps. Have fun!

Pete Davis
pandr@cybertours.com