Re: [MV] Crated Jeeps

From: David Little (tenthmountain@uswest.net)
Date: Sun Oct 29 2000 - 19:17:05 PST

My father-in-law was 4-F during WWII & worked in central IL un-crating
vehicles for local use. They came with wheels & steering wheel removed in
large crate via flat car. He had to install rims, air up tires, install
steering wheel & petroliums, install battery,start tune & test-run... I have
his photos from work showing crates & some in process. He indicates he did
this from mid '42 to late '44, shipping them back by rail to militry posts,
or in convoy for local assignment.

Dave