Re: [MV] Blazer Update

From: Nick ! (kickinasphalt383@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Oct 31 2000 - 06:04:34 PST

Hey Stuart

Sounds like you have had all the same problems as I had with my M1008. I had
hard starting so I replaced the glow plugs then the coolant temp and then
had the controller checked. Finally I gave up and brought it in to a very
good military repair shop. A week later I got my truck back with its new
relay controller and they charged me $200 to install the $35 controller.

And about the generator, I have that problem too. I have been to lazy to fix
it but I think it has to do with the belt. On my truck the generator belt is
slightly loose, but it can't be tightened because the generator is pushed
back all the way. So either the belt has streched or the belt on that one
generator should actually be shorter. You probably will notice that if you
have all your electricals (lights, heater, wipers) going at once it gets
even brighter, just because the alternator has to work even harder but the
belt is too loose.

Thats my idea at least,
Nick