Re: [MV] S-t-r-r-r-r-e-t-c-h-e-d- Humm-Vees

From: Brandon Kunicki (c322348@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Oct 31 2000 - 09:04:54 PST

It is rather interesting to note that many of these
limousines are turning up in the Atlanta and Los
Angeles areas.... Where the two HMMWV auctions were.
Coincidence? I think not!

In fact, one of the limo manufacturers in Corona,
California bought a number of HMMWV's from the
Riverside auto auction. Since the interiors are all
custom anyhow, the HMMWV's lack of interior is not the
detractor it would be for someone that really wanted a
Hummer.

I recall an article in Military Vehicles magazine
where someone built a stretched M38A1 to haul veterans
in local parades... Doesn't sound too silly to me!

There are still probably about 50 HMMWV's waiting for
a home at the Riverside Auto Auction. They all
represent the bottom of the barrel, so they have been
hard to sell. I understand that the prices have been
lowered.

BK