Jane Fonda.... is it really true?

From: Enterprise B&B/Cayman Islands, BWI (Enterprise@earthlink.net)
Date: Wed Nov 01 2000 - 06:44:44 PST

I'm 61 and so I remember Nam very well though my Army service was in
peacetime and I spent it all at Ft. Bliss, Texas.

I remember there was a big flap about Jane Fonda being supportive of the
North but the details are foggy in my memory.

If what was posted here and alleged as true accounts of her actions, I
would question if anyone has contacted the people who are including her in
the 100 Women list. Now I do know one thing from psychology and that is,
over the years stories tend to grow until at some point, they are nothing
like the truth.

Fonda, as all Americans both in the U.S. and outside, have freedom of
speech even when it opposes our Government, God knows we have exercised it
on this list. Still, just as our freedom of speech does not allow us to
shout "Fire!" in a crowded theater, neither does it protect words or
actions which directly endanger American lives and it should be moreso for
troops in wartime. Freedom of speech does not allow for anyone to tell
battle plans to the enemy or troop concentrations, etc. My point?

If these stories are true and documented by more than one person, the issue
should be brought up again and to the proper authorities. I don't know if
there is a Statute of Limitations on treason or if it would apply, but
again, assuming a basic truth here, something should be done.

Our collective voices seems to have saved us, at least for now, from the
threat of having the Government demil our 50+ year old MVs. Let's use that
collective voice to express our outrage on this issue to the powers which be.

As said by my favorite Captain: "Make it so!"

David

            GET YOUR CUSTOM MADE LICENSE PLATES
                  FROM US FOR ONLY $28.20
                 DELIVERED IN THE U.S. BY