Re: [MV] MB AXLE WOES

From: Acfarer@aol.com
Date: Wed Nov 01 2000 - 23:40:55 PST

J.D.
    It sounds as if you may have sheared your ring gear bolts. I had the same
problem with my GPW. I felt a bind and a clunk when going from forward to
reverse. I opened up the diffy cover and found three of the eight bolt heads
rattling around in the housing. Every time I changed direction, they would
get "rolled" past the ring gear to the other side. Fortunately, I didn't
damage the housing. Pull the cover and have a look. Good luck.
Jonathan