demil?

From: DDoyle9570@aol.com
Date: Fri Nov 03 2000 - 21:31:15 PST

Having only been involved in this hobby five years or so, I have no first
hand experience with this question.
In the 50's and 60's the US fielded missile launchers based on the 2 1/2 ton
(G742) and 5 ton (G744) chassis. I have never seen one of these beds in a
salvage yard. Is this because there were none surplused in my area (West
Tennessee), because they were scrapped long ago for basic metal content, or
because they were demilled?
Does anyone know where one of these beds is located/available?
Thanks,
David Doyle