Re: [MV] Surplus veh.

From: Edward Greeley (etgreeley@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Fri Nov 03 2000 - 22:12:17 PST

DDoyle9570@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 11/3/00 11:24:05 PM Central Daylight Time, antoine@usa.net
> writes:
>
> << being as that is a 1994 photo, I have to wonder if the row
> of swing
> > wings that show up on the "Large" setting (above center/left) are
> B1, and if
> > so why we are scraping them?\ >>

There were approximately 100 B-1Bs built. Except for the ones which
suffered catastrophic impact with the ground, they are still in service.
Notice the small size of the objects you inquired about compared with
the size of the BUFFs (B-52s); the B-1B is a rather larger aircraft than
those objects.

> I think they are F111s.
> DD

Correct. They are F/FB-111 "Aardvarks". The F-111 was the fighter-only
version, while the FB-111 was the slightly larger fighter-bomber
version.

Greeley