Re: [MV] Hard starting Blazer

From: limbert@attglobal.net
Date: Sun Nov 05 2000 - 12:20:03 PST

Stuart,

    Get to know some of the folks that have successfully owned CUCVs for
a while as they will save you the hassle of learning the tricks of the
"GM Jungle". As for the batteries, I had 1,000 amp heavy truck batteries
with 126 lead plates each in my M1009 and never had a problem in cold
New England. A big tip, replace the undersized battery cables with big
fat ones.....caused many fires and troubles I understand and also keep
away from the stock military batteries. A few slight deviations from
100% correct original spec will help in the long run. Watch out for
tailgate and rocker panel rot and lest we forget the infamous forward
battery suppport brackets falling through the bolt down points on the
inner fender. Also replace the likely fatigued two long starter support
bolts even if the seem fine and make sure to use the correct hardened
bolt....a few buck well spent. Luckily my research and attention saved
me from many of these headaches but a few are always bound to bite you,

-Mark