Going away for a week

From: Timothy Smith (timothy.smith1@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Mon Nov 06 2000 - 00:19:31 PST

Hi list.

I will be going away for a week (Monday-Friday). Won't be unsubscribing as
I cannot recall how I got subscribed in the first place and don't care to
mess with it. Amy will be checking the mail daily and erasing whatever
isn't addressed directly to me so that the IN box doesn't get jam-packed.
If you have mail for me please put my name in the subject line. If I fail
to respond to something from you, don't get yer shorts in a bunch.....just
recontact me Friday or Saturday.

Had a GREAT time at Dallas and came home essentially broke but a LOT less
broke than if I had bought elsewhere (not to mention the attendant costs of
shipping!). Made a good contact and even came home with two combat wheels
that are (1) in tremendous condition and (2) freshly sandblasted, primed and
painted in the proper paint code! Now I have three Scout combat wheels and
one Half Track combat wheel. I can live with that for a while. (Jess
Minton....if you were there on Saturday then we missed one another!)

Spent roughly an hour chatting it up with the fella (figured it was OK since
I spent a TON of money at his table) and came to the conclusion that I
really need to part out the Greek Scout car. Financially and practically it
makes sense. My pal, Bill (who you might recall can't pull a trailer worth
a plug nickle) fell in love the a Ben Hur trailer and will probably close
the deal on that within a week or so. You might also recall that Bill has
yet to begin (5 years have passed!) restoring his truck, so quite literally,
he is putting the cart before the horse! Funny hobby ain't it?

If you are wondering where I am going for 5 days I will tell you......Big
Bend National Park......West Texas.....desert country.....where it's
freakin' DRY!

Regards,
TJ Smith
reformed (and soon to be MUCH drier) Scout car enthusiast!