Re: Beachwood Canvas

From: Joe Shannon (fordpart@bellsouth.net)
Date: Mon Nov 06 2000 - 17:41:33 PST

    Well lets start from the beginning
   In March of this year I ordered the $495 cargo cover special for the
M-35. Upon receiving the cover I tried to install it and the metal parts
were very rusted and when I tied it down and drove the truck around the
eyelets started ripping out, some came completely out. I called
Beachwood and they sent me another at no charge but it was in the same
shape. The bows were excellent. I called again and they said they would
send me another which they did not do. The convention in Kansas City
rolled around and I took the rag off and loaded it up and carried it.
They wouldn't come out to the truck and look at it and wouldn't let me
bring it in and show it to them. At this time they said that I would
have another in three weeks after a month and a half I called and we
decided to just do a refund they said not to ship all of the canvas back
just the top bows so I did at a cost of $50.Upon them receiving this
they refunded me $390 of the $590 it cost which is a $200 loss plus the
$50 shipping.
    The thing about the shipping is I hauled all of it to Kansas City
and they wouldn't take it. The $200 deduction from the original price
was for the screws which apparently didn't make it back and the 6 inch
roll up straps that hold the tarp in the rolled up position.
    This is what I get for buying NOS. I think in this case it was just
OS.