Re: [MV] British Radio Question?

From: chance wolf (timberwolf@wheeldog.net)
Date: Sun Nov 05 2000 - 10:45:59 PST

----- Original Message -----
From: <Dilliard@aol.com>
Sent: Sunday, November 05, 2000 5:18 AM
Subject: [MV] British Radio Question?

> Greetings,
>
> A bit of help please.
>
> I recently purchased a Canadian Army EME Manual titled
> "Radio Control Harness, Type B " to be used with a C-42 installation in a
> Ferret.
> It shows several different radio configurations and in every one it shows
> small box marked "LT" usually hoked to a J2 or J1 Junction box. But it
never
> really explains what the LT" is. I know I will be embarrassed when
someone
> answers this, but I am acustomed to that anyway.

The Brits love those sorts of games, don't they?

Well, the "LT" is quite probably "Low Tension"; a term indicating (where
I've
come across it), leads carrying lower voltages - i.e., not 10,000 VAC.
 In this case it refers to the 24V connections on the various bits of
Larkspur harness (C-42 et al) and the radio power supply.

Every now and then you still get the news reporting a "downed high-tension
wire"
or some bird blacking out half of Armpit, Alta. by perching on the wrong
"high-tension leads" at the local sub-station, so the term is still in use.

Andy Hill
MVPA 9211
Vancouver, B.C.