1944 GPW for sale

From: John M. Edwards (fly-fish@mindspring.com)
Date: Thu Nov 09 2000 - 21:48:56 PST

1944 GPW, very easy restoration for sale
Matching numbers (frame and engine #242817)
Solid, straight body purchased (vintage metal)
Ford head included as are F marked head bolts
includes WWII spare tire (Firestone)
Many misc. F marked parts, including two front seats
new rear crossmember
new front bumper
new rear seat
Top bow brackets and top bows included
new pintle hook "A" frame included
new rear F marked shock towers included
brand new in-box wiring harness included
Engine runs like a top with compression excellent
Transmission looks new (I didn't replace it, but I also didn't purchase it
too long ago!)

The list goes on. I am asking $5,000 for the lot of it. Selling due to
the closure of the paper mill and subsequent loss of my position here in
Mobile.

Thanks,

John Edwards
Mobile, Alabama
john.edwards1@ipaper.com
or
fly-fish@mindspring.com

The body and engine are currently off the frame to be sandblasted. Can be
reassembled if need-be. The only thing that would keep it from being a
reliable runner right now and as-is is my having taken the fuel lines and
wiring off. Other than that, it's an absolutely wonderful running machine
(I drove it before starting the restoration). I also have a vintage WWII
chaplain's flag and pump organ in case you are interested in restoring it as
a chaplain's jeep (that was my intent).