Glow plug resistor

From: Emmett Thompson (kt4al@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Fri Nov 10 2000 - 09:33:59 PST

OK guys I know to some this might sound like a stupid question but here I go

Why did GM take the glow plug power off the voltage dropping resistor? Why
not just take 12 vdc off the normal vehicle wiring?
The only things on the 24vdc are the starter, slave recpt,and the power
strip for radios, and lastly the glow plug power thru the dropping resistor.

I would think that you could just take the resistor out of the circut and
connect the power line directly to the 12 volt buss located just above the
relay.

Regards
Emmett