Re: [MV] EVENTS 2001

From: Geoff Winnington-Ball (gwball@sympatico.ca)
Date: Fri Nov 10 2000 - 09:37:16 PST

I rather thought CVR's post was succinct and to the point... an answer worthy of
the question?

To understand Beltring, you have to gaze upon the unique visage of 3,000
PRIVATELY-OWNED military vehicles, of many vintages and from many countries...
many driven for days across the continent at a sedate pace of 25-40 mph, with
punishing fuel costs, just to get there...

No, we in North America have no conception of the level of dedication of these
thousands upon thousands of Euopean collectors - it's a much bigger thing than
anything we could ever put on. Get used to it - there's a VERY healthy MV life
outside the NA borders...

--
Regards,

Geoff Winnington-Ball MAPLE LEAF UP! ==> Zephyr, Ontario, Canada ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Maple Leaf Up - The Canadian Army Overseas in WW2 http://www.mapleleafup.org <sunray@mapleleafup.org> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 1st Canadian Armoured Carrier Regiment http://www.1cacr.org <info@1cacr.org> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~