Re: [MV] Power Increase / Fuel Questions.

From: Robert Barber (rbarber41@hotmail.com)
Date: Fri Nov 10 2000 - 10:16:12 PST

At the beginning of WW II my father was a Chief Machinist Mate
aboard torpedo chasers in Newport RI harbor. In frigid weather
they would drain the oil out of vehicles and the boat engines at
the end of the day (while still warm) and put the containers in
heated buildings.

The next AM the junior Seaman would be out there pouring the warm
oil back into the motors and then firing them back up. Pain in the
butt but it worked ..

                                   Bob B