"Locals" from France, Belgium etc.

From: Andreas Mehlhorn (a.mehlhorn@t-online.de)
Date: Sat Nov 11 2000 - 00:53:05 PST

Gordon.W.I. McMillan schrieb:
> I'm just jealous of all the 'locals' from France, Belgium, and Holland,
> Richard, who can get there by driving a mere 100 miles......
>
> Gordon

Dear Gordon,

note that most of these "locals" and many more (including me and the other
MV collectors from Germany) have to go oversea, when they want to go to
Beltring. For this they have to embark and sail on a ferry or to embark
on a railway train and use the extremly expensive Chunnel.

Note that I have to cross 5 countries, when I drive to Beltring:
Germany, Netherlands, Belgium, France, UK. And all this in one day,
with the Beemer and Kettenkrad on the trailer. And the UK has the
highest fuel prices in Europe! Things we do for our hobby!

So don't be so jealous, or is this the typical scottish stinginess?
(Scrooge Mc Millan??)

Hope to see you next year in the "Notton tribe camp"! (You have to share
the lawn with Mr. Winnington-Ball)

Best regards
Andreas