Re: [MV] Veteran's Day Parade

From: Richard Notton (Richard@fv623.demon.co.uk)
Date: Sat Nov 11 2000 - 01:01:42 PST

----- Original Message -----
From: <CYCLOPSRAM@aol.com>
Sent: Friday, November 10, 2000 8:57 PM
Subject: Re: [MV] Veteran's Day Parade

....The list goes on, but I think you get my
> point...

Certainly many MV things with Cadillac items, however. . . . . .

>We had to send the British tanks cuz they didn't have any.

Errrrrr, wait a minute, Vickers Light, Matilda, Valentine, Churchill,
Cromwell, Comet, Crusader, A9, Cruiser Mk IV, to a total of 24,803.

>We sent the Russians tanks and Studebakers and Jeeps cuz they didn't have
any
> etc.

So that'd be no T40, T50, T60, T70, T80, BT7, T34/76 (arguably the best tank
of WWII), T34/85, KV1 (A, B, C), JS1, 2, 3.

> PS Unimog, Ferret, Saracen (Saladin) and Fox are not heavy
> duty... at most medium and really light in the scheme of things... I so
> solly..

These are 60's/70's vehicles too, so chronologically out of order from the
foregoing, I am puzzled that FV 601 Saladin is bracketed as it is an
Armoured Car mounting a L3A1 or L5A1 76mm gun. Saracen (FV 603, 604, 610,
611) is an APC. Perhaps in this list should include Centurion and
Chieftain, both neither "light" or "medium".

Richard
Southampton - England