Re: [MV] A couple of fuel questions......

From: Everett Doyle (194cbteng@pchnet.com)
Date: Sat Nov 11 2000 - 10:10:35 PST

According to what I learned many years ago when I worked for fuel oil
distributor in the great frozen north #1 diesel is very much in appearance
to the kersoene that is used in the little portable heaters today. This
fuel is #1 that has been cleaned up some more. (and price raised) #1 or #2
will both work fine in trucks.

I build and service high pressure washers and they have the same burner that
is found on home heating units, in my 20 years of working on them I have
come to the opinion that the units that burn #2 have a longer fuel pump life
than the ones that burn #1 - I think further that the ones that use off-road
#2 have the longest life. I think has to do with the oil content and
sulphur.

I am not a fuel expert these are just what I have observed from many many
times taking fuel pumps apart that have failed.

Everette