Re: [MV] "Locals" from France, Belgium etc.

From: Geoff Winnington-Ball (gwball@sympatico.ca)
Date: Sat Nov 11 2000 - 12:09:55 PST

Andreas,

I remain appalled by the taxation rates over there, and simultaneously amazed
that all of you in the UK and greater Europe can do so much despite them! I
remember in particular a German fellow who drove a Diamond T 40-ton Recovery
Tractor all the way from Germany... at what must have been an average speed of
much less than 40 kph...

I don't feel so bad about the airfare when I think about how much it costs you
to attend... we North Americans are forever grateful that you even do this at
all.

We here in the northern climes are facing a long, cold winter now... I look
forward with untoward enthusiasm to meeting all of you again next summer (yes,
even yon hairy Scots and their mouthy English counterparts!)...

Regards,

Geoff Winnington-Ball
MAPLE LEAF UP! ==>
Zephyr, Ontario, Canada
Maple Leaf Up - The Canadian Army Overseas in WW2
http://www.mapleleafup.org
<sunray@mapleleafup.org>
1st Canadian Armoured Carrier Regiment
http://www.1cacr.org