Tell me what you think.

From: Keith Byrd (byrdhouse@netease.net)
Date: Sat Nov 11 2000 - 19:16:03 PST

Mr. Doyle,
Since you are experienced in larger trucks I'd like to get your opinion.
I've found a 1952 GMC M135 parked in the woods where it did its last logging
job. I talked to the landowner and he told me it belongs to a logger. He
said that the truck has sat there for 10 yr.. I asked him if it broke down
and he said that he didn't think so. He said the logger gave up on it since
it was such a gas hog. He said as far as he knew it ran OK when parked and
believed the owner would come back to get it and never did. Before I try to
find the owner I'd like to get a feel for what I need to offer. Any help or
advise would be greatly appreciated.
Here is the general condition:
        M135 with winch, manual trans. dual wheels, metal top with canvas
back (all canvas rotted away), bed has been replaced with self loading log
bed.
As far as I can tell the only damage is to the front bumper with minor
damage to fender. Truck looks complete execpt for bed. ALL data plates are
present and readable. ALL glass is unbroken. All controls are present. I
can't tell anything about the condition of the engine, trans. or running
gear. Of course all the tires are flat. The old truck looks very
restoreable. I'm going to forward this to the MV list and see what other
opinions I can get.

Thanks, Keith Byrd
               Parsons, TN.