Re: [MV] Diesel

From: CYCLOPSRAM@aol.com
Date: Mon Nov 13 2000 - 14:22:23 PST

For my entire life and several million miles I have bot the lowest cost
lowest octane fuel I could find and burned it in everything I ever owned
including over two hundred MV and Mercedes and RollsRoyce.. Keep the
filters clean.. Don't abuse the equipment.......Still waiting to fry my
first engine... what am I doing wrong?? When the motor pings, I retard
the timing a little, if it doesn't ping, like the 6602 Continental in the 5
tons, I advance the timing a little for more power... After all, most of this
stuff was designed for 68 octane fuel. Even the M880 runs a lot better
with the timing advanced a few degrees... RAM MVPA #217