Re: [MV] Can't bleed air from system in 1009

From: chance wolf (timberwolf@wheeldog.net)
Date: Mon Nov 13 2000 - 19:48:00 PST

----- Original Message -----
From: <DDoyle9570@aol.com>
To: <timberwolf@wheeldog.net>; <mil-veh@uller.skylee.com>
Sent: Monday, November 13, 2000 7:19 PM
Subject: Re: [MV] Can't bleed air from system in 1009

> In a message dated 11/13/00 2:10:06 PM Central Daylight Time,
> timberwolf@wheeldog.net writes:
>
> << an M54 gasser with a
> chronic fuel bleed-down problem which I don't much feel like pushing out
of
> the way. >>
>
> On the top of the carb is a street elbow that the line from the fuel pump
> connects to. You can replace the street el with a street tee, plugging
the
> vertical connection. When the fuel bleeds down, you remove the plug in
the
> tee, and pour in gas (takes 12 oz or so to fill bowl), reinstall plug and
> fire the 6602 up.

Good suggestion. Just came back from pressurizing the fuel tank, and lo and
behold, a previously unnoticed hairline crack in one of the steel lines
became quite visible (spewing gas everywhere tends to do that), so perhaps
when it's repaired the bleed-down problem will disappear. Never know.

Andy H.