Re: [MV] Batteries

From: Mel Miller (nourmahal@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Mon Nov 13 2000 - 19:57:19 PST

Stuart Ellis wrote:

> The Wal-Mart batteries have a 3 year free replacement warrantee. Most of
> the others only 18 months to 2 years.

Be careful, not all Wal Mart batteries carry a 3 year free replacement
warrantee. Eight days ago I returned a Marine Starting battery rated at
650 CCA which I had had for 13 months in my 68 M725. It would not hold a
charge. Its warrantee was for 24 months, prorated after one year. What
that ment in practice was that I had to pay $25 plus tax. The battery
cost me $49.95 13 months ago.......

I raised so much sand it began to look like gravel - Marine Battery -
should be at least 3 years - prorating should be 1/12 of the original
purchase price per month after the initial free replacement period
expires, etc. etc. but the automotive manager brought out the books and
showed me how the warranty worked and I was fornicated! Not even a kiss.

Mel Miller
2 X M725