Re: [MV] Navy Jeeps

From: Pete & Renee Davis (pandr@cybertours.com)
Date: Tue Nov 14 2000 - 18:13:35 PST

Hello Deryk,

Surprisingly, I couldn't find anything in U.S. Military Wheeled Vehicles about
them. Navy vehicles tend to be pretty well overlooked; poor step siblings to
Olive drab vehicles. Crismon does have entries on the Letourneau crash recovery
cranes: Tilly.

My guess would be that they would have been maintenance or flight line
vehicles; they'd be far too light for tugs. I don't think the carriers were big
enough to have fire fighting vehicles on the flight deck, but I could be wrong.

Please keeps the list posted on what you find out.

Pete Davis
pandr@cybertours.com