Re: [MV] revocation of independence or the english revenge..

From: Jim Webster (jimweb@simonides.prestel.co.uk)
Date: Wed Nov 15 2000 - 06:49:40 PST

JEFF HAIN-MATSON wrote:

> just ran across this:
>
> London, 8th November 2000..
>
> To the citizens of the United States of America,
>
> Following your failure to elect a President of the
> USA to govern yourselves and, by extension, the free world, we
> hereby give notice of the revocation of your independence.
>
> Her Sovereign Majesty Queen Elizabeth II will resume
> a monarch's duties over all states, commonwealths and other territories.
>
> To aid in the transition to a British Crown Dependency,
> please comply with the following acts:
> 1. Look up "revoke" in a dictionary
> 2. Learn at least the first 4 lines of "God save the Queen"
> 3. Start referring to "soccer" as football
> 4. Declare war on Quebec
>
> Tax collectors from Her Majesty's Government will be
> with you shortly to ensure the acquisition of all revenues
> due (backdated to 1776).
>
> Thank you for your cooperation and... have a nice day!

This misses the most important part of the treaty:

Starbucks, Seattle Coffee Co etc to be nationalized and their running to
be
managed through the catering arm of the National Trust, ensuring the
restitution of TEA as your national beverage. Buns and cream teas will
be
available.

Now on the subject of tea, what about taxes?

Should we sell Louisiana back to the French? It would be a nice
Euro-friendly gesture.

We want Mel Gibson extradited and tried for his roles in Braveheart and
The
Patriot.

TTFN
Jim
Honorary Secretary
ICQ: 58721472 [usually online 1900-2000 UK Time]