Want to buy M37 Bumperette

From: Enterprise B&B/Cayman Islands, BWI (Enterprise@earthlink.net)
Date: Wed Nov 15 2000 - 08:07:33 PST

I need a left side (facing the M37 from the back) bumperette. I thought I
had a deal for one but it never materialized.

I'm still working on getting my unit painted. Got the paint (Gillespie) and
now it's just getting the time. I'm not going to cherry out everything but
it will be a decent looking piece. I had a pretty darn good pedestal for my
Browning 30 made at the local welding shop using a picture I had and got a
pintle out of MV Magazine. The big advantage was it was all done in 2 days
for less $$$.

Did have one bit of fun recently.... On Vets Day we had a WWII party and I
decked out my unit w/flags. The "troops" were all lined up in the parking
lot of the local VFW Post (we had rented their hall for the party) and I
drove in in my M37 w/the flags and the Browning to a lot of "Wow"s and
"Ooooh"s. Of course a couple of guys had go get up on the back and play
w/the Browning.

Of course since I live in the Los Angeles area, before I went out, I called
the local Police station and explained what I was going to be doing/driving
and the route I was taking. Even though the Browning was to be covered
except for the last few blocks of the drive, I figured with things they way
there are (here), better safe than sorry. Some people around here have a
"shoot first and ask questions later" attitude. The Watch Commander thanked
me and said he would put out a radio call alerting the local units. He said
they didn't need an "incident" and any more bad press for the L.A.P.D.

I guess a lot of our little (and big) green toys are not things which are
driven on the roads too often, especially when fitted out w/MGs and the like.

The next day I took some friends and their 3 kids for a ride around their
neighborhood and they love it, especially the looks from their neighbors.
I promissed I would pick up the kids at their school (with a parent w/me of
course) in the M37 one day w/the Browning and they really liked this idea.
Probably will have half the school out for that one including some teachers.

One of these days when I win the lottery, I will get my real dream machine
which is a White Staff Car. I really want a half-track but I know I can
drive a Staff Car much more locally than the track.

OK, enough free association for one post, back to the real world.

David

               GET YOUR CUSTOM MADE LICENSE PLATES
                    FROM US FOR ONLY $28.30
                 DELIVERED IN THE U.S. WITHIN ONE