Re: [MV] Hercules JXD engine "knock"

From: DaveCole (davidcole@tk7.net)
Date: Wed Nov 15 2000 - 10:06:01 PST

If it is coming from the bottom of the engine, it is probably a rod. That means
at the least you will have to pull one piston and rod, have the rod resized, have
a new bearing installed and replace it. At the most it will need a crank grind,
new bearings, etc. You might as well rebuild the entire thing if you have to pull
the crank out.

If it is a tick, it could be a valve related problem, loose valve train and may
only need to have the valves relashed, etc. If it is a hard deep knock, it is
probably a rod.

Dave