Re: [MV] Navy Jeeps 3 whelers

From: Robert Barber (rbarber41@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu Nov 16 2000 - 12:50:16 PST

  Hummmm I recall a jeep junk yard off rt 1 somewhere down by
Foxboro, but never saw any specialty 3 wheel flight deck jeeps
amongst them..

  The Boston Navy yard has been out of business since the mid 70's
  Converted into VERY expensive condos for the rich yuppies of the
  80's

  The only remnant left is the Commandants yard and piers. This
  is the number 1 dry dock and pier at which the USS Constitution
  and USS Cassin Young DD 793 are tied up..

  Back in the 60's and early 70's the yard was active, but the
  Carriers being dismantled were over to the Fargo building piers
  That were converted over to the luxury liner docks about mid
  70's also..

   If there is a yard in Walpole Mass that has them I'de be willing
  to go scout them out for condition and avaibility..

                                Bob B