Re: MV CUCV starter

From: MVTrucker@aol.com
Date: Sun Nov 19 2000 - 09:18:17 PST

List.
My original posting:

>The M1008 I recently put an engine in had a 12 volt rigged starter.
>Investigation showed that it should have a gear reduction starter
>(1985). I installed this type starter, but find no way of hooking up
>the brace used on the standard high torque starter. Does this
>reduction gear starter require the brace?

Update:
The engine swap was performed by a friend that lives in Delaware.
The engine he took out of one M1008 to put in a better body
condition M1008 had the 12 volt starter. Wherever he went to get
a starter, he was advised by them that the 1985 used a gear
reduction unit. According to info sent to me, this is incorrect,
so apparently in return for bum info, they got $200. There is
no place that I can find that the bracket could be attached to
this gear reduction starter. The truck he put the engine in did
not have an engine, so he couldn't rob a starter from there.
This is now my truck and I need to get it right for resale.
Anybody out there have a good used or NOS high torque
correct starter?
Thanks,
Joe Young
www.joeyoung.com