RE: [MV] DOD contract numbers

From: Rikk Rogers (rkltd@swbell.net)
Date: Sat Nov 18 2000 - 20:23:46 PST

David,
In my conversation with the people at TACOM they suggested that the
contracts on the M35s that we are currently dealing with are either in a
military warehouse on a pallet measured in weight by tons shipped to a paper
scrapper, or with luck, might be in the several pallets of documents they
forwarded to MVPA instead of scrapping.

My aim was to try to build some sort of recognizable official document
showing the exact differences between the different makes and years, with
the direct result hopefully being a document that could be used at the DRMO
to get proper information on an SF92. Haven't had time to follow it
further, but if anyone wants to dive in and lend a hand, I think your idea
of copied historical documentation in a display is brilliant. Too bad they
don't keep available long-term records on "duty station" for the equipment.
It would make a display even more interesting. It is my understanding that
the "long-term" information they keep only goes back 2 "duty stations". So,
my truck, when it entered DRMO, from the holding lot it was in no longer had
any useful information in anyone's computer.

Rikk Rogers - RK Lion LTD.
(580)762-3157 rkltd@swbell.net
http://home.swbell.net/rkltd/
-M35A2- MVPA -22345-