Virus Protection

From: EdLortz@aol.com
Date: Mon Nov 20 2000 - 15:14:22 PST

A recent post stated:

<<A good virus scan that updates automatically is the best defense short of
the now how to remove em by hand, and fix the damage. Spend $50 and delete
the warnings when they come in. >>

As I tell my clients, you will probably get hit with a new virus before you
can download the protection. Since 95% of the viruses are old, the BEST
protection is:
    If you have a virus program, use it but skip the $30 / year for
"updates," it's a waste of money and time, unless you daily violate the
following rules.
    NEVER DOWNLOAD AN ATTACHMENT to an email, unless you asked for it, not
even from someone you know, especially an attachment sent to a group of
people.
    NEVER CLICK ON A LINK IN AN EMAIL.
    NEVER borrow a computer, and never load a file from a floppy unless you
know the computer it came from.
    I have NEVER heard of anyone getting a virus from JUST OPENING AN EMAIL,
its the link or attachment that is the culprit.

And the CJ2-A is in San Francisco and runs, but its a 47, not a 48, and its a
blast.