RE: [MV] Heads up, Just received a virus....

From: Rikk Rogers (rkltd@swbell.net)
Date: Tue Nov 21 2000 - 13:14:23 PST

Mike
This is not a generic lookout there is a "NEW" virus msg.
This is a "watch your box for the next hour" msg I just got a live hit, and
if you are not protected double check to make sure that you did not send it.
The last 2 viruses came in to my system, came from list members who have me
in their address book, I caught both and they did no damage.
If I had not caught them, 300+ list members would have received the virus
from me.

Note to all, if your email is set to "put the people you reply to" in your
address book, and you do not use an up-to-date scan your whole address book
is at risk,
No not from the list but from your system.

BTW, don't forward this to anyone, it is nothing new.

rikk