Ferret Stuff

From: Dilliard@aol.com
Date: Tue Nov 21 2000 - 17:00:38 PST

In a message dated 11/21/2000 1:05:53 AM Eastern Standard Time,
iwallace@uswest.net writes:

<< LIST:
 My Ferret has had the ignition key removed, probably to allow the starting
 of the vehicle if the key was lost. From time to time I allow children to
 sit in the driver's seat, and have found the key switched on. I would prefer
 to be able to deter the little darlings from tinkering with the switch. Does
 someone on the list know: >>

Greetings,

A heavy duty battery disconnect switch from J.C. Whitney works well spliced
into the cable that connects the 2 batteries in series. It allows for
disableing the starter and also separating the batteries so they can be
charged individually with a standard 12 volt charger without worrying that
something stamped "Lucas" will be toasted in the process.
As I remember, about $18.00.

Regards,

Bob