Rich Dealers

From: Kelly, Robert (Robert_Kelly@FCEINC.COM)
Date: Wed Nov 22 2000 - 11:57:29 PST

I have to chime in here.

I am not dealing with "commercially viable" items like deuce parts, just
collector stuff for a GPW. I WOULD NOT HAVE BEEN ABLE TO "COMPLETE" MY
PROJECT WITHOUT DEALERS!! Rich or struggling, caring or not about the
"hobby" or "heritage", I don't give a rip. It is those nice folks that
motivated by love or money, go to the auctions, comb the scrap dealers,
trade amonst themselves, travel over seas, travel over the country, go to
the shows, research parts, commission good reproductions of difficult to
find bits, and provide for us the things we need. Plus, these guys are
usually just a phone call away. These guys help us out by posting their
information for all to see and give technical advice. And, many times, a
dealer will have most if not all the stuff you need on hand and save you
shipping charges by sending all at once. Most of them are fair businessmen
and women and will allow you to return a defective part or something you
(yes you) made a mistake in ordering. When you buy from individuals, you
usually are dealing with a like minded person that knows what they are
talking about, but not always. And individuals are not as concerned about
their professional reputation because thier livelihood does not depend on
the opinions of the buying public. Word gets around.

I don't mean to rip on the guy who sent the "rich dealer" comment. I'm not
even sure who he was. Mostly, I want to thank the dealers for hanging in
there for all the rest of us who chose to do other things with our lives and
not devote them almost totally to the hobby, pastime, cause, whatever.

Thanks!

Hey, can any of you rich dealers throw me a NOS M31-C machine gun mount for
$50? ;)

Bob K.
'42 GPW