Tulsa Winch

From: Greg Papendick (pappy@shianet.org)
Date: Sun Nov 26 2000 - 17:03:51 PST

Many thanks to all who responded online and via email. The only thing
it appears that a Tulsa winch has been seen on is the Half Tracks and a
6 Ton 6X6. One respondent said that he had seen one on a M37 tow truck
boom but did not know if it was original. I did find some numbers
stamped in the housing - 5L 178667. Could this be used on a M37 or
is it too big? I have loaded pictures and dimensions at the following
address for those that asked.

 http://www.shianet.org/~pappy/tulsa.htm

I had asked questions about this winch on several message boards on the
Web but had not gotten one response until I tried this list. Many
thanks to Matt Oliver for sending me the link to get started.

Greg