shovel nos vs HD

From: Swoo17@aol.com
Date: Mon Nov 27 2000 - 15:10:15 PST

Back in the gear up days for desert storm and shield some units that were
short of TO+E items and support equip.and were authorized to purchase off the
local economy.I out fitted a aviation maint crash recovery platoon out of a
hard ware store with a blank check and cash (the local merchant having been
burned by uncle sam before would not take an army iou) we had less than 24hrs
to pack and go and the easy to steal stuff(hand tools and other desireables)
were locked up by the property book officer and unobtainable.So in some cases
what ever you can get is basicaly an issue item