M135 log truck

From: Keith Byrd (byrdhouse@netease.net)
Date: Mon Nov 27 2000 - 18:35:21 PST

A few weeks ago I ask you all to tell me what you thought about the M135 log
truck I found parked in the woods. Several of you responded with much
valuable help. I had a chance to look at it again today. The data plate says
it is a M135, delivery date 5-52. And like most of you mentioned it has been
modified to duals and a manual trans., or it has the wrong cab on it. The
clutch pedal does not match the brake pedal. There is two data plates in
front of steering wheel that give inf.. on operating auto. trans. The winch
PTO was unhooked from the winch to power the log loader.
      I still haven't found the owner, but I have a name. All the trans.,
transfer case, diff. housings all seem to be in good shape(I mean not
busted), no leaks. I still have a few questions. Could this modification
have been done before it left military service? Didn't the auto shifter fit
in a stand/console type deal at the drivers right hand? I looked at a real
M135 once and remembered something like this. I'm still not sure I should
take on a large project like this one, but will if I can get it for little
$$.
     Many thanks to you all for your help. This list is GREAT and you are
the GREATEST!!!
Keith Byrd