RE: [MV] best way to proceed

From: Rikk Rogers (rkltd@swbell.net)
Date: Mon Nov 27 2000 - 17:49:29 PST

OFF LIST!
whats this?
I want to know too!
Please?

rikk

-----Original Message-----
Behalf Of rick stegeman
Sent: Monday, November 27, 2000 7:38 PM
To: Military Vehicles Mailing List
Subject: [MV] best way to proceed

Hi List,
A while ago I purchased a '54 M38A-1. I am attempting a frame-off
restoration. This is a first of this type of undertaking for me.
All the parts are painted and ready, body professionally redone.
Assemblies are separated as to where they go. All the parts I need to
change the 12v system to the original 24v are there - NOS.
I now have a frame with drive train in the garage waiting for me to put
some clothes on her.
What is the best progression in steps I should follow to ensure a
trouble free assembly sequence? Please don't say the reverse of taking
it apart - I mean really, professionally speaking, what are the steps I
should proceed with? The engine and drive train ran well before I
started this project a year and a half ago (long story). This life sized
model has got me a little psyched, and I really want to do a good job
the first time through, and if your like me, you hate rework too.
Please feel free to correspond off list with your opinions to
rastegem@excel.net.
Thanks for all your help.
Rick Stegeman