Re: [MV] Air volume...next question

From: mblair1@home.net
Date: Mon Nov 27 2000 - 22:51:00 PST

jonathon <jemery@execpc.com> wrote:
> You should hear a rather loud click as your driving, suprisingly
> just after or durring braking in many cases, that is the unloader
> valve doing it's thing and telling the compressor to start pumping
> again and/or stop pumping.

I haven't noticed that click from the unloader valve in my own
2.5-ton, but its compressor does make an audible click about twice a
second while it's pumping (at idle). The commercial trucks that I
drove when I was practicing for my CDL made a loud hiss for about a
half second when their compressors cut out. I guess different trucks
make different noises.

My 2.5-ton lives in a hangar. When I start it up in the hangar, I wait
outside for the compressor sound to stop before I get back in the
truck and pull out. I don't want to move the truck until it's at max
air pressure, but I don't want to suffocate in the hangar, either!

So, here I am sitting in front of my computer writing about the noises
that my truck makes (and enjoying it). I gotta get a life! :-)

--
PGP 2.6.2 public key available from http://www.keyserver.net/
Web page: http://www.qsl.net/ke6myk/