Air.....

From: Rikk Rogers (rkltd@swbell.net)
Date: Tue Nov 28 2000 - 21:52:05 PST

1st, thanks to all on the info on the compressor, I got several different
answers and all were useful.

Ok,
On the compressor thing....
In using my biguglytruck (hmmm.... thats kinda funny, i just realized I have
a large green BUT in my yard), I find I may be out in the bushes without a
phone or shop or much else,
I playing with the idea of building an auxiliary air system for air tools.
I don't want to wait more than the 63 seconds it takes now for the low
pressure alarm to quit, nor do I want to overload the compressor by running
it more that it was designed to handle.
I'm thinking it should have lots of "wasted" run time while the truck is in
general use.
If I simply throw a large tank in the back it will take X amount of time
longer to fill before the system is up to pressure.

I'm pondering now......
What should be the size of an auxiliary tank?
How do I connect it to the system and only use "excess" run time on the
compressor?

I have considered a "reverse" regulator that only allows air into the
auxiliary system when the main system is above 65psi.

Input?

Rikk Rogers - RK Lion LTD.
416 S 4th St
Ponca City OK. 74601-5335