Re: [MV] in-vehicle "C"-ration heaters

From: Richard Notton (Richard@fv623.demon.co.uk)
Date: Wed Nov 29 2000 - 00:32:34 PST

----- Original Message -----
From: <Muttguru@aol.com>
Sent: Wednesday, November 29, 2000 12:39 AM
Subject: [MV] in-vehicle "C"-ration heaters

> Dear Listers........
>
> a friend has asked whether the British forces have been issued with a 24v
(or
> maybe 12v) ration heater for warming food/water etc whilst on the move. I
> know that the US military supply these (I have one in my mutt for my
veggie
> MRE's !!!).... but I can't find any record of a Brit equivalent.
> Any Brit-Army-gurus know anything about these?

Good Heavens Ken !

Never seen a BVD ? Comes in 24V and 110V versions, essential kit, the one
in the Stalwart is always in use, freshly brewed tea for driver and
commander as essential as copious quantities of petrol for Mr Rolls and Mr
Royce.

Still standard CES issue, have a beek in a Challenger II.

I'll scan you a bit separately.

Richard
Southampton - England