Swiss Military Wagon

From: F. Brian Mead (brian@hardscrabblefarm.com)
Date: Wed Nov 29 2000 - 08:12:44 PST

Howdy "great & all knowing" List!
    I was at an Army Navy Store a couple of weeks ago & saw a Swiss Military
Wagon in their warehouse. (they said it's not for sale!) VERY COOL WAGON!
It is a four wheel wagon with removeable shafts to allow 1 or 2 horses to
pull it. It has pioneer tools strapped on it too. The design of the wagon
kept the center of gravity very low in the wagon - very good in the mountains
& on rough terrain.
    My wife has a Halflinger Draft Pony which is one of the breeds used by
the Swiss & Austrian militaries up until the 1960's. Looking at the Wagon,
it looked like it had almost been designed specifically for this breed.
    SO... How much are these things worth? Does anyone know where one is for
sale?

Thanks,
Brian Mead