US Army MAN 4x4 Truck

From: Jim Rice (majrice@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Nov 29 2000 - 20:32:56 PST

Esteemed Listers,

A friend and I have been asked if we would be interested in a former US
Army MAN 4x4 flatbed truck. Unfortunately, the US Army had gotten rid of
the MAN trucks before I ever saw one in the flesh (late 70's or early 80s).
I seem to recall they were used in Field Artillery missile units (Lance,
Pershing). I've seen a few pictures, but don't know anything about them.

The German Air Force used to train on Ft Sill and used these trucks also,
but I just don't see the Luftwaffe disposing of truck at Ft Sill. Thoughts?

Does anyone know the designation or time frame these were used. Does anyone
have any idea what one in running/driveable condition be worth?

Being as both of us are badly infected with the OD virus (we own 8 vehicles
between us, down from 12 after 4 sales this past year) we are interested but
don't know anything about the truck to know where to begin.

Finally, anyone know of any on-line pictures of a military version?

Thanks,

Jim Rice
'42 IHC M-3L-4 1/5 Ton Cargo Truck
'43 Ford GPW Jeep
'52 Jacques Power Saw M100 Trailer
'60(?) M422A1 Mity Mite
Loads of other old Military uniforms, weapons and gear