Re: [MV] mule battery

From: Keith Byrd (byrdhouse@netease.net)
Date: Thu Nov 30 2000 - 15:00:09 PST

> Should I expect any problems using a motorcycle battery with 260-300 CCA
to start my mule? I have an alternator on board. I'm using this type of
battery because it fits in the 50cal. ammo can I'm using for
storage........Thanks Alan

Alan, The last battery I used was a Wal-Mart (surprise!) lawn and garden
battery. It's small enough to fit in an ammo box. They also have a deep
cycle battery the same size I use to run some lights on my mule (still
manual start). The deep cycle battery can be run down and charged up several
times. This is hard on a standard battery, they should be kept close to full
charge at all times. I don't think you'll have any problem with your
battery, as long as all the voltages match.
Keith