[MV] Jeep Shovel lenghts

From: Raimondo L. Torelli (thealamo@iigbna.iigb.na.cnr.it)
Date: Fri Dec 01 2000 - 06:51:04 PST

Dec 1st 2000

I have followed with great interest the postings concerning the correct
length shovel for the Jeep. I do not have (yet!) a Jeep but I plan to have
one ASAP.
It seems that two sizes are/were available from Home Depot (for $ 22.00).
The shorter one is about 4 inches shorter: however, nobody answered Gordon
"Dodge" McMillan question:

At 15.24 27/11/00 +0000, GORDON wrote:
>Hmmm, is it true that the fourth footman loop position to the left of the
shovel handle tie-down on an MB / GPW was for an even >shorter shovel
handle to be lashed down ? If not, what was it for please?

>Gordon

Does it means that the Jeep used two sizes of shovels? Please, explain!

Thank you for any advise!

Regards

Raimondo (looking for a WWII Jeep)
MVPA 15878 & IMPS 2320

P.S. While at Beltring I have seen a lot of shovels for sale, different
lengths, all with handle, but I have not bought any of them due to lack of
info at the moment.