1008 CUCV

From: Eugene PANTANO (truks@cs.quik.com)
Date: Fri Dec 01 2000 - 16:18:46 PST

After hauling this 1008 over the mountains and spending 2 days helping my
friend get his ready to go back to Texas..I finally got around to looking
at mine today..and driving it for the first time..no time out there when
getting them loaded !!
The batteries had been in there for many years and would not hold a
charge..so I "flight tested" them from the car trailer..they failed. Then in
went two new big hunkin square green tank/deuce batteries...I cleaned all
the connections and added the sticky "red washers" under each connector.
Checked fluids and turned on the switch..lights lit up all over the place
and buzzers buzzed...the yellow "wait" light went out and I rotated the
key..."what's that noise"?? my wife said.."It's running said I".!! After
a minute or so..it quieted down and you would not believe how nice a 13 year
old 1008 with 12,417 miles runs after sitting for six years. A close
inspection of the passenger compartment found NO discrepancies..like
new...oops..one exception..2 tiny holes in the lower dash for a "mike
holder".. The truck is perfect !!Has all the troop seats, bows and
cover..which I do not want !! Anyone who needs this stuff, let me know..they
also fit the 880..but I'm sure you all know that.. Have a fine OD Day !!
Gene