Dual PTO

From: Ken Boge (ken@clovermachine.com)
Date: Sat Dec 02 2000 - 18:22:45 PST

Well guys, this posting about PTO's got me a little curious so I looked in
the organizational maintenance manual for the M44 series trucks (2-1/2 ton).
I quote the following:
"The hydraulic hoist pump drive shaft transmits power to the pump from the
accessory output shaft of the transmission power takeoff..."
Looking in the parts manual, there is a special transmission PTO for the
dump truck used only on the dump truck. The transfer PTO is not used on the
dump truck.
Back to the maintenance manual, there is a picture showing a double ended
transmission PTO with linkage.
FYI the pump puts out 15 gal/min at 1000 rpm and 1000 psi with a 7 gal
reservoir.
Just a suggestion, but is it possible to find a 24 volt electric hydraulic
pump with enough capacity to handle the dump cylinders? Would avoid a lot
of mechanical headaches.
Good luck!
Ken